|ROLLINS GOALIE STATS|
|BELMONT ABBEY GOALIE STATS|
WINTER PARK, Fla. (March 18, 2017) – The seventh-ranked Rollins women’s lacrosse team made easy work of their opponent on Saturday afternoon at Barker Family Stadium and Cahall-Sandspur field, defeating Belmont Abbey College by a final score of 16-3. The win marks the seventh straight for the Tars, and advances their record to 8-2 on the season, while the Crusaders drop to a mark of 4-5 on the year.
The Tars saw four goals apiece from Hannah Ashton and Brittany Eveler, followed by a seven point performance for Kallie German as she netted a hat trick and added four assists. Maggie Dougherty matched German in assist with four of her own, while Paige Brock and Julianna DeSimone scored two goals apiece. Claire Block scored once on the day, while Hannah Coakley added an assist. Maddie Hendren, Haley Brock, Kaitlin Prince, Megan Cury and Coakley all picked up two ground balls each to lead the team. Dougherty led the Tars off the draw, winning three on the day, while Haley Brock and Kaitlin Prince each caused a team best two turnovers. In goal, Malorie Olin played a full game, earning 12 saves while allowing just three goals.
Belmont Abbey saw two goals from Marin Felsoci, followed by Rebecca Stromberg with one. Katelin Glass dished out the Crusaders’ lone assist on the day. Kassie Easter and Annie Brannon earned three ground balls apiece, while Felsoci led the team with two draw controls. Amber Eakins tallied a team best two caused turnovers on the day. In goal, Annie Brannon shouldered the loss, allowing eight goals while making five saves in the first half, while Reilly Johnson earned five saves and allowed eight into the back of the net to close out the contest.
HIGHLIGHTS AND HALF ANALYSIS
First Half l Rollins opened up to a two goal lead with 28:14 on the clock with help from an assist and a goal by German, but the Crusaders answered back with a converted free position shot by Felsoci at the 27:54 mark to set the score at 2-1. The Tars rolled through the remainder of the half, pouring on six more goals to close out the first period with a lead of 8-1.
Second Half l Belmont Abbey opened the second half with an unassisted goal by Stromberg at the 26:03 mark, but Rollins sprung to action and added five straight to take a 13-2 lead with 15:42 to play. Felsoci broke the run with a goal at the 13:30 mark to pull to within 10, 13-3, but Rollins closed out the game with two more to post the 16-3 victory and win their seventh straight.
- Rollins has won seven-straight
- Rollins now leads the all-time series against Belmont Abbey, 4-1. Their last matchup against the Crusaders was on February 12, 2015, where the Tars picked up a 1-10 victory on the road.
- The Tars have notched 133 goals so far this season, while holding their opponents to just 71.
- The Tars are winning the battle against their opponents off of the draw so far, with Rollins winning 133 while their opponents have only won 83 combined draws this season.
- Rollins has posted a record of 7-1 on their home turf so far this season.
- Seven of the Tars’ eight game-winning goals have been tallied by different players.
- The matchup marked the second time the Tars have faced Seton Hill, with both teams tied in the program series, 1-1.
NEXT UP FOR THE TARS
Rollins returns to action on Friday, March 24, when they take on Shepherd University at Tierney Field in Baltimore, Md. Game time is set for 6 p.m., and links to live coverage will be available on RollinsSports.com.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins women’s lacrosse team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.