Division II SAAC Mission Statement
The mission of the NCAA Division II Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to enhance the total student athlete experience by promoting opportunity for all student-athletes; protecting student-athlete welfare; and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
ROLLINS SAAC MEMBERS
(11/1/12) - Currently, SAAC has a goal of raising $1,000.00 for the Rollins-Sodexo initiative to raise money for Second Harvest. We have reached $200 with only three teams having turned in their collections. SAAC hopes that each student-athlete will donate $1 to the cause. Each dollar raised will provide $9 worth of food to Central Florida. The highest number of homeless children in the United States lives in Central Florida and SAAC wants to do their part to help feed them.
"We don't have officers in the usual sense of the word. We are trying something new this year by having a leadership team. The leaders are the chairs for the five different teams the group determined as what they wanted to focus on this year," - SAAC Advisor Jude Wolbert
Those areas are:
- Make-a-Wish is mainly to find ways to raise money for the NCAA directive for the charity of NCAA Division II. We started the "Penny War" on November 1, 2012. The containers for the pennies are located behind the control desk in the Alfond Sports Center, directly to your left as you enter the building, and an updated spreadsheet will be made bi-weekly to show the progress of each team. PENNY WAR RULES
Student-Athlete Appreciation Day/Special Projects - Caitlin Hopkins (Volleyball), chair
- Student-Athlete Appreciation Day /Special Projects - working on improving last year's day and working with Make-a-Wish committee to develop a fund raiser for Make-a-Wish that gets the campus community involved during common hour on April 4, 2013. The student-athletes want this to be a day where the campus community will be able to come together and have fun.
STUDENT ATHLETE DAY
APRIL 4, 2013
-Photo Courtesy of Rollins Athletics
Senior Success - Kayla Austin (Volleyball), chair
- Senior Success - Working with Career Services to have special sessions given by former student-athletes to discuss their success in finding a job after graduation. They also plan to work with alumni to develop a database of student-athlete alums in all majors who would be willing to work with the student-athletes in their same field as mentors or information sources.
- Blue and Gold Banquet - Their goal is to have each team decide on pictures and video throughout their competitive season to help enhance the slide show and video for the banquet. They want to include pictures of all members of the team in both the slide show and video.
Social Media - Nick Scannapieco (M. Lacrosse), chair
- Social Media - Getting more students at games is their focus. They believe that Facebook and Twitter are the way to go. Part of their goal has already been accomplished with the launch of the new RollinsSports.com page. The links to individual team Facebook and Twitter accounts is terrific.