MIAMI SHORES, Fla. (May 1, 2012) - After waiting two days through multiple rain delays, Rollins finally took the courts, but the 12th-ranked Tars were turned back by 15th-ranked Saint Leo in the first round of the NCAA Division II South Region Tournament.
Rollins season ends with a records of 13-11 while the Lions (18-7) advance to play host Barry in the second round.
Just over a week the two teams played to a 5-4 Rollins win the Florida Blue Sunshine State Conference Championship, they were back and forth in doubles.
SLU drew the first point as Ashley Rosenberg and Mariana Salvador fell to Adrianna Daszkiewicz and Jeanette McDonald in the No. 2 match. The lead doubles in the top flight with Lisa Loft and Kayli Ragsdale dropping an 8-6 decision to eighth-ranked Laura Kemkes and Emily Singleton. The Lions then swept with a win in the No. 3 match as Callie Whitlock and Elissa DeCampli lost 8-6 to Maria Benkirane and Selma Hidass.
The Lions closed the match with two quick point in singles. In the top-flight, 46th-ranked Loft fell 6-1, 6-0 to 13th-ranked Kemkes while Whitlock lost 6-4, 6-1 to McDonald.
Saint Leo vs Rollins
05/01/12 at Miami Shores, Fla.
(Buccaneer Tennis Center)
#15 Saint Leo 5, #12 Rollins 0
1. #13 Laura Kemkes (SLW) def. #46 Lisa Loft (RC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Ashley Rosenberg (RC) vs. #25 Emily Singleton (SLW) 5-7, 2-3, unfinished
3. Mariana Salvador (RC) vs. Adrianna Daszkiewicz (SLW) 5-7, 1-1, unfinished
4. Jeanette McDonald (SLW) def. Callie Whitlock (RC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Elissa DeCampli (RC) vs. Maria Benkirane (SLW) 4-6, 3-1, unfinished
6. Kayli Ragsdale (RC) vs. Phoebe Di Leo (SLW) 6-6, unfinished
1. #8 Laura Kemkes/Emily Singleton (SLW) def. Lisa Loft/Kayli Ragsdale (RC) 8-6
2. Adrianna Daszkiewicz/Jeanette McDonald (SLW) def. Ashley Rosenberg/Mariana Salvador (RC) 8-4
3. Maria Benkirane/Selma Hidass (SLW) def. Callie Whitlock/Elissa DeCampli (RC) 8-6
Saint Leo 18-7; National ranking #15; Regional ranking #5
Rollins 13-11; National ranking #12; Regional ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (1,4)