Rollins advanced to the semifinal after a 5-1 win on Thursday over fifth seeded Florida Southern. Barry advanced after a 5-0 win in the quarterfinal over the eight seed, Nova SE.
The Bucs swept all three doubles matches to jump out to the 3-0 lead before wins in No. 3 and No. 6 singles clinched the match.
Rollins will now play in the third place match on Saturday against third-seeded Lynn. Play is set to begin at 11:30 a.m.
Tennis Match Results
Rollins vs Barry
04/19/13 at Boca Raton, Fla. (South County Regional Park)
#2 Barry 5, #12 Rollins 0
1. #28 Elisabeth Abanda (BUW) vs. Elissa DeCampli (RC) 7-5, unfinished
2. #41 Emma Onila (BUW) vs. Ashley Rosenberg (RC) 6-2, 5-0, unfinished
3. #33 Linda Fritschken (BUW) def. Carli Davis (RC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Kimmy Twelker (BUW) vs. Mariana Salvador (RC) 6-1, 5-3, unfinished
5. Akemi Maehama (BUW) vs. Callie Whitlock (RC) 6-3, 0-4, unfinished
6. Isabela Miro (BUW) def. Ashley Loft (RC) 6-1, 6-4
Rollins 15-5; National ranking #12; Regional ranking #4
Barry 23-0; National ranking #2; Regional ranking #1
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (6,3)
SSC Women's Tennis Championship Semifinal (1/8 Winner vs. 4/5 Winner)