CLEARWATER, Fla. (February 11, 2017) – Rollins split their second day at the NFCA Leadoff Classic. The Tars fell to No. 10 Wayne State to open the day, but rebounded to best Central Missouri in their second game. Rollins moved to 4-4 on the season.
The Tars fell behind early against Wayne State, and were unable to overcome a 7-0 hole to the Warriors, eventually falling 13-1. Against Central Missouri the Tars pitching shut down shut the Jennies down as the Tars took an 8-0 shutout victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
· The Tars only managed three hits to the Warriors 10.
· Rollins committed three errors leading to six unearned runs.
· Wayne State jumped out to an early lead, putting up seven runs in the first inning
· The Warriors cemented their position with a six spot in the fourth.
· Hailee Keisling drove home Grace Street in the fifth for the Tars only run.
· Grace Street held the Jennies to four hits through 6 innings.
· Five tars recorded a multi hit game, including Sarah Harrison who went 3-3.
· The Tars scored twice in the second to grab the lead. Kacie Booth and Chelsea Reed scored on a Street single.
· The Tars extended their lead in the fourth. Hailee Keisling and Harrison scored on a Rachel Minier bunt.
· The Tars put the game to rest with four runs in the sixth frame.
· Haille Keisling is now alone in third place for all-time runs scored in Rollins College history.
· Rollins is now 3-1 all-time against Wayne State.
· The Tars now hold the advantage over Central Missouri, taking a 2-1 lead in the all-time series.
· Michelle Frew is now 746-305-1 in her 22nd season at the helm of the Rollins Softball program.
The Tars conclude the NFCA Leadoff Classic tomorrow morning when they take on No. 24 California University of Pennsylvania. First pitch is scheduled for 9:00 a.m.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins softball team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.