Rollins falls to 14-6 on the season and 4-3 in Sunshine State Conference play while the Mocs improve to 15-2 overall and 6-2 in league play.
The top doubles match featured two of the nation’s best with 15th-ranked Senka Softic and Agnese Rozite holding rank on the Tars 18th-ranked duo of Margaret Junker and Kayli Ragsdale by a score of 8-6.
Rollins fell in the No. 2 match as Roshni Luthra and Allie Steele dropped an 8-4 decision to Andrea Arguello and Veronika Kovacikova. The Tars got on the board in the No. 3 match as Holly Fleming and Stefania Tkach defeated Nora Baertschi and Amanda Carns 8-1.
In singles play, Junker won the No. 4 match over Kovacikova 6-3, 6-3, Ragsdale downed Baertschi 6-1, 6-2 at No. 5 and Clarke Tatje won 6-0, 6-2 over Carns in the No. 6 match. Tkach fell to Arguello 6-0, 6-3 in the No. 3 match and Rozite upset 15th-ranked Fleming 7-5, 6-3. The top match proved to be the decider as eighth-ranked Softic battled 11th-ranked Luthra 7-6(6), 2-1 before Luthra was forced to retire due to injury.
Rollins will complete its Sunshine State Conference slate on the road Wednesday at Saint Leo.
Tennis Match Results
Florida Southern vs Rollins
Apr 06, 2010 at Winter Park, Fla.
(Martin Tennis Complex)
#14 Florida Southern 5, #9 Rollins 4
1. #8 Senka Softic (FSW) def. #11 Roshni Luthra (RC) 7-6 (10-6), 2-1, retired
2. Agnese Rozite (FSW) def. #15 Holly Fleming (RC) 7-5, 6-3
3. Andrea Arguello (FSW) def. Stefania Tkach (RC) 6-0, 6-3
4. Margaret Junker (RC) def. Veronika Kovacikova (FSW) 6-3, 6-3
5. Kayli Ragsdale (RC) def. Nora Baertschi (FSW) 6-1, 6-2
6. Clarke Tatje (RC) def. Amanda Carns (FSW) 6-0, 6-2
1. #15 Senka Softic/Agnese Rozite (FSW) def. #18 Margaret Junker/Kayli Ragsdale (RC) 8-6
2. Andrea Arguello/Veronika Kovacikova (FSW) def. Roshni Luthra/Allie Steele (RC) 8-4
3. Holly Fleming/Stefania Tkach (RC) def. Nora Baertschi/Amanda Carns (FSW) 8-1
Florida Southern 15-2, 6-2 SSC; National ranking #14
Rollins 14-6, 4-3 SSC; National ranking #9