BOCA RATON, Fla. (May 2, 2011) - Ninth-ranked Rollins scored a 5-1 victory over 23rd-ranked Florida Tech and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Division II South Region Tournament.
Rollins will meet Lynn Tuesday morning in the regional championship match.
In the top doubles match, Margaret Junker and Kayli Ragsdale fell to Katarina Huba and Kristina Huba in a thriller, 9-8(4). The No. 2 match was just as close but the Tars were able to score the win as Lisa Loft and Stefania Tkach won 9-8(1) over Abigail Greif and Monica Price. The Tars then took the lead after doubles with Roshni Luthra and Allie Steel defeating Abbey Keister and Alexis Weinning 8-2.
Rollins shut the door on the Panthers with three quick wins. Mariana Salvador downed Stephanie Dohner 6-1, 6-1 in the No. 5 match while 17th-ranked Junker took Greif 6-0, 6-1 in the No. 2 match. Ashley Rosenberg won the decider with a 6-1, 6-4 win at No. 6.
Tennis Match Results
Florida Tech vs Rollins
May 02, 2011 at Boca Raton, Fla.
#9 Rollins 5, #23 Florida Tech 1
1. #29 Roshni Luthra (RCW) vs. #26 Katarina Huba (FTW) 6-3, 1-2, unfinished
2. #17 Margaret Junker (RCW) def. Abigail Greif (FTW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Lisa Loft (RCW) vs. Kristina Huba (FTW) 6-1, 3-2, unfinished
4. Stefania Tkach (RCW) vs. Monica Price (FTW) 7-5, 1-0, unfinished
5. Mariana Salvador (RCW) def. Stephanie Dohner (FTW) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ashley Rosenberg (RCW) def. Abbey Keister (FTW) 6-1, 6-4
1. Katarina Huba/Kristina Huba (FTW) def. Margaret Junker/Kayli Ragsdale (RCW) 9-8 (7-4)
2. Lisa Loft/Stefania Tkach (RCW) def. Abigail Greif/Monica Price (FTW) 9-8 (7-1)
3. Roshni Luthra/Allie Steele (RCW) def. Abbey Keister/Alexis Weinnig (FTW) 8-2
Florida Tech 19-9; National ranking #23; Regional ranking #6
Rollins 20-6; National ranking #9; Regional ranking #3
Order of finish: Doubles (); Singles (5,2,6)
NCAA Division II South Region Semifinal