WINTER PARK, Fla. (April 21, 2017) – The Tars jumped out to an early lead, and did not look back, cruising to a 13-3 victory over the Barry Buccaneers in Miami Shores. With the win the Tars improve to 27-21 on the year, and 9-10 in the Sunshine State Conference. Barry falls to 21-25, and 9-13 in conference play.
This marks the second consecutive game that the Tars have sent 13 runs across the plate, ending both contests early. Rollins used a six run third, and put up three in the fourth and fifth to secure the win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
· Rachel Minier walked in the game’s first run, giving the Tars a 1-0 lead in the first. The Bucs tied the game with an unearned run in the second.
· Rollins would build their lead in the third, sending nine batters to the plate and scoring six runs. Chelsea Reed registered the first RBI of the frame with a single scoring Sarah Harrison. Pitcher Grace Street helped her own cause, tallying a two RBI single. Amanda Guglietta doubled in Street, and Kacie Booth capped off the scoring with two run homerun.
· Chandler Middlebrook homered to score the first of three fourth runs. Street tallied another two RBI, scoring Reed and Minier with a double to right center. Barry crossed the plate twice in the bottom of the inning, making the score after four 10-3.
· Hailee Keisling, Harrison, and Middlebrook all scored in the fifth, as the Tars manufactured a 13-3 lead. Street gave up a pair of singles in the fifth, but held Barry off the board, ending the contest after five innings.
· Grace Street (P) – 2-3, 2B, 4 RBI, 1 Run
· Chandler Middlebrook (3B) – 3-4, HR, 2 RBI, 2 Runs
· Geneva Santos (P/DP) – 2-3, 2B, 2 RBI, 1 Run
· Grace Street – W, CG, 5 Hits, 3 Runs, 1 Earned Run, 4 SO
· Geneva Santos – L, 4.0 IP, 10 Runs, 9 Earned Runs, 3 SO
· The Tars are now 26-77 all-time against the Barry Buccaneers.
· The win ends a three game losing streak to Barry.
· Rollins has won nine games this year courtesy of the eight run rule.
· Chandler Middlebrook has gone deep in each of the Tars last four games, and now has six
homeruns in 13 games with Rollins.
· Chelsea Reed moved into sole possession of sixth place in Tars’ history for runs scored, and is now just four hits out of eighth place on the Rollins all-time list.
· Michelle Frew is now 768-322-1 at the helm of the Rollins softball program.
The Tars and Bucs will finish their three game series with a double header tomorrow, Saturday, April 22. Game one is set to begin at 1 p.m. in Miami Shores.