FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (March 31, 2018) – The Tars held the Sharks high powered offense to only three runs, but couldn't plate any runs of their own, dropping the final game of the series, 3-0.
The Tars drop to 16-14 overall, and 4-8 in SSC play, while the Sharks improve to 20-9 overall, and 12-3 in SSC matchups.
Six different Tars recorded a hit in the setback. Brendan Brundage tabbed his team leading 40th hit this season.
Brad Case got the start for the Blue and Gold. The junior threw in five innings, allowing seven hits, and two runs to score (one earned), while registering three strikeouts. AJ Chacon, James Doherty, and Whit Drennan all made appearances, as did Brian Auerbach who closed out the game for the Tars.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Nova Southeastern would once again generate the first run of the game in the bottom of the second inning, taking a 1-0 lead over the Tars.
- The Sharks would then double their lead in the following inning off of an Andrew Liberty RBI single.
- A Sharks sac fly would plate their third run of the game, as they increased their advantage to 3-0.
- Rollins wouldn't be able to get their bats going, and the Tars would drop the final game of the series, 3-0 to the Sharks.
• Rollins still trails the all-time series vs Nova Southeastern, 38-23
• Head Coach Jon Sjogren is 336-314-3 in his 13th season at the helm of Rollins baseball
Rollins will return home to Alfond Stadium after playing their last two series away. Florida Southern will make the trip down I-4 to Alfond Stadium for a three-game series scheduled to start on Friday, April 6 at 6 p.m.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins Baseball team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.