Rollins (8-4, 0-0 SSC) at Lynn (8-5, 1-2 SSC)
Friday March 1 – 2:30 p.m. | Saturday, March 2 – 1 p.m. | Sunday, March 3 – 12 p.m.
Boca Raton, Fla. | Lynn Baseball Field
Set-up: Rollins is on the road for the second straight weekend, traveling to Boca Raton for a Sunshine State Conference series with Lynn. The Tars are the last team in the league to dip into SSC play with the other 10 schools playing each other while Rollins was at Columbus State. Rollins saw its seven-game winning streak stopped by CSU, suffering a three-game sweep. Two of the three games came down to the final at-bat. Lynn is 1-2 in the league, taking one game off Saint Leo in its SSC opener. The Fighting Knights have dropped three of their last four. The series will be played all during the day as Lynn's home stadium doesn't have lights.
Tracking the Tars: Rollins made the trek to Columbus State last week and saw its winning streak halted by the 2018 National Runner-up Cougars. CSU nipped Rollins in the opener 3-2, shutout the Tars 8-0 in game two and took the sweep, 11-10 in the finale. Jack Gonzalez leads the Tars bats, hitting .370 on the season. The Stetson transfer also has eight RBIs and leads the squad with 12 runs scored. Nick Santucci is hitting .318 while Sam LaFontaine leads the team with 12 RBIs and is batting .317. Luke Reidy has six extra base hits on five doubles and homer, while hitting .316.
Garrett Leonard is 1-0 in four appearances and leads the Tars with a 1.35 ERA, the third best mark in the SSC. His 28 strikeouts is second most in the conference and teams are hitting just .153 off the Tars righty. Cameron Enck has a 2.42 ERA and is 2-1 on the season. Jimmy Robbins moved into a weekend starters role and carries a 2.95 ERA while Whit Drennan leads he Tars with six appearances and has a 3.00 ERA.
Tracking the Fighting Knights: Lynn comes into the game against Rollins having fallen in three of its last four, most recently dropping their SSC series opener to Saint Leo. The Fighting Knights took the opener 3-1, but lost both sides of a double header, 5-4 and 6-3. James Buckley is the top hitter for Lynn, batting .375 with eight RBIs. Cal Bocchino is hitting .367 and has knocked in nine runs. Joe Argumedo hits .364 and Anthony Sanabria has four doubles, three homers and a .348 batting average. Shayne Fontana leads the LU with 13 RBIs, hitting .347 on one double, three triples and four homers.
Nicholis Prather is 2-1 in four starts for Lynn and carries a 3.98 ERA. His 26 strikeouts leads the team. Samuel Beck has a 5.29 ERA and is 1-0 in four starts. Misael Castillo has the same records and is carrying a 6.07 ERA. Alex Hernandez is 2-0 in a team-high five appearances and is yet to allow a run in 5.2 innings.
- Lynn leads the all-time series against Rollins 45-37-1 with the first meeting coming in 1993.
- Rollins took two of three from the Fighting Knights last season, winning game won 7-1, losing game two 4-1 and taking the rubber match 7-0.
- Lynn is second in the SSC in batting, hitting .311; Rollins is sixth with a .285 batting average.
- Rollins has the best ERA in league (2.99) while Lynn is seventh with a 4.51 ERA.
- Rollins is 16th in the nation in ERA (2.99).
- Rollins is 10th nationally in strikeout-to-walk ratio (3.39).
- Kyle Hintz (RC) is 11th in the nation with six HBP.
- Lynn is 16th in Division II with a .332 batting average.
- Lynn's 12 homer runs is 11th in the nation.
- Lynn's nine triples tops the nation.
- Shayne Fontana (LU) is fifth nationally with three triples.
- Rollins tied for sixth in the SSC preseason poll; Lynn was picked fifth.
Next up: Rollins starts a five-game homestand Thursday, March 7, meeting Assumption at Alfond Stadium . Fans can watch all games live on the Tars Sports Network at RollinsSports.com.