Rollins (6-2, 0-2 SSC) at Palm Beach Atlantic (1-6, 0-2 SSC)
Friday, December 7, 2018 | 6 p.m.
West Palm Beach, Fla. | Rubin Arena
Rollins head coach Tom Klusman goes for the 700th win of is illustrious career Friday when the Tars visit Palm Beach Atlantic. Rollins heads into the game seeking its first conference win of the season, but riding high after a thrashing of Warner on Wednesday night. When hitting on all cylinders, the Tars potent offense is scoring nearly 90 points a game and put up 98 against the Royals. The Sailfish are on a five-game skid and looking for a first win of the SSC season. PBA took nationally ranked Queens to overtime and played Lynn and Saint Leo tough the last two times out. Klusman and Tampa head coach Richard Schmidt are tied with 699 career victories, the most of any Sunshine State Conference head coach.
Tracking the Tars:
After a hot start to the season, Rollins was stopped by Embry-Riddle and Lynn and fell to 0-2 in the Sunshine State Conference. The Tars stepped out of league play on Wednesday and got back on track, thrashing Warner 98-57. Hutton Yenor had a career day with 21 points, seven rebounds and four assists off the bench to lead the way. Connor Mckim netted 20 and Trevor Recio scored 18. Eric Castaneda hauled in 10 rebounds. Jakobi Bonner is the Tars top scorer on the season, netting 17 points a game to go along with 5.8 rebounds a night. Mckim scores 14.9 a game and has handed out a team-high 22 assists. Yenor sat two games due to injury and is putting up 10.3 points a game. Rollins ranks third in the SSC in offense with 82.5 point a game and allows a SSC fifth-best 70.1 a night. The Tars are outrebounding teams by six a game on the year.
Tracking the Sailfish:
PBA split games the opening weekend, falling to West Georgia and beating Lee. They have since dropped five-straight and are 0-2 in the SSC. After an 86-70 loss to Lynn in the league opener, the 'Fish fell to Saint Leo 71-66 at home their last time out. De'Ondre Jackson scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead the way. Malek Barber added 10 points and Jules Jasmin scored eight. Jasmin is the team's leading scorer on the year with 16.6 points a game while also contributing 5.9 rebounds a night. Jackson is getting 14.3 points a game while Andrew Moemeka averages 8.8 points and 6.2 rebounds a game. PBA is ninth in the league in offense with 74.1 points a game and 10th in defense, allowing 80.3 a night.
- Rollins leads the all-time series with PBA 25-7.
- The 'Fish swept the series last year, winning 80-68 in West Palm and 89-83 in Winter Park.
- Rollins is 8-4 all-time in Rubin Arena.
- Rollins ranks third in the nation with 91 total steals.
- The Tars are seventh in Division II with 11.4 steals per game.
- Rollins is 10th in the country in turnovers forced, taking the ball from opponents 19.3 times a game.
- Head coach Tom Klusman is the 10th-winningest coach in Division II history now in his 39th year leading his alma mater. His career record of 699-409 is the second most wins in SSC history ranks 43rd among all divisions all-time.
- 1 -12/4/80 vs. Webber College (95-73)
- 12 -1/24/81 vs. Florida Tech (84-78) passes Jack McDowell for sixth in Rollins wins
- 18 - 12/5/81 vs. Webber College (90-55) passes Joe Justice for fifth in Rollins wins
- 50 - 12/19/83 vs. College of Wooster (83-75)
- 54 - 1/20/84 vs. Florida Tech (96-72) passes Mark Freidinger for fourth in Rollins wins
- 74 - 1/12/85'vs. Florida Tech (76-73 passes Dan Nyimicz for third in Rollins wins
- 83 - 1/3/86 vs. Milwaukee School of Engineering (94-86) passes Ed Jucker for second in Rollins Wins
- 95 - 12/29/86 vs. Bryant (95-76) passes Boyd Coffie to become winningest coach in Rollins men's basketball history
- 100 - 1/8/87 vs. Saint Leo (76-70)
- 150 - 11/28/89 vs. Flagler (83-60)
- 200 - 1/15/92 vs. Florida Tech (63-60, OT)
- 250 - 1/7/95 vs. Embry-Riddle (67-65)
- 300 - 12/30/97 vs. Baker University (78-52)
- 350 - 2/10/01 vs. Saint Leo (67-59)
- 400 - 12/6/03 vs. Bluefield Sate (83-42)
- 450 - 1/28/06 vs. Nova Southeastern (71-68)
- 500 - 1/30/08 vs. Eckerd College (83-75)
- 550 - 3/5/01 vs. Tampa (67-62)
- 600 - 1/9/13 vs. Florida Tech (74-62)
- 650 - 2/17/16 vs. Barry (92-87)
- 699 - 12/5/18 vs. Warner (98-57)
Rollins next heads west to face top Division II competition at the Sport Tours Las Vegas Classic Dec. 18-19. The Tars meet Angelo State at Noon on the 18th and face Tarleton State at noon ET on Wednesday, Dec. 19. All games can be heard live on the Tars Sports Network at RollinsSports.com and locally on 91.5 FM WPRK.