Rollins (9-16, 3-14 SSC) vs. Eckerd (17-8, 10-7) Senior Day!
Saturday, February 23, 2019 | 4 p.m.
Winter Park, Fla. | Warden Arena
Set-up: With a spot in the postseason now out of reach, Rollins will look to send its seniors out in style Saturday, hosting Eckerd in Warden Arena. Rollins is 10th in the Sunshine State Conference standings and currently in an eight-game skid. At 3-14 in the league, even by winning out, the Tars can only climb as high as ninth by seasons end, still missing out on a spot in the SSC Tournament. Junior point guard Connor Mckim is on milestone watch, currently sitting at 995 career points. Eckerd is fourth in the league standings and fighting for a first round home game. The Tritons have lost their last three and are yet to win a road game in February. Rollins is 5-8 at home on the year. Prior to the game, the Tars will honor Blake Admire, Marcus Camacho, Eric Castaneda, Nils Lehmann and Daniel Loh for their careers in the Blue and Gold.
Tracking the Tars: Rollins was idle on Wednesday and will be seven-days fresh from its last action when taking the court against Eckerd. The Tars last played at Barry, falling 76-61 to the Bucs. Jakobi Bonner led the way with 16 points while Hutton Yenor scored 11. Trevor Recio hauled in a career-high 12 rebounds and scored 10 points. Bonner is putting in 14.7 points a game to lead the Tars on the season, while also shooting 53 percent from the field. Mckim has 995 career points and is averaging 13 a game this season to go along with a team-best 3.2 assists a game. Yenor is getting 12.7 points a game. Eric Castaneda (4.8 rpg) and Trevor Recio (5.0 rpg) are the Tars top rebounders on the season. The Tars are seventh in the SSC in scoring (75.2 ppg) and defense (77.4 ppg).
Tracking the Tritons: Eckerd was just a half game off the pace in the race for an SSC title, but has dropped three in a row. On Wednesday in front of an ESPN3 national audience, EC led before 23rd-ranked Florida Southern posted a late run and beat the Tritons 91-80. Myron Hagins led the way with 22 points and nine rebounds while Drushaun McLaurn scored 15. McLaurn leads the team on the season with 16.8 points and 7.3 rebounds a game. Hagins is getting 12 pionts and seven rebounds a night with Marco Behori scoring 10.2 a game. Eckerd is last in the SSC in scoring with 74.0 points a game, but has the top defense, allowing just 69 points a game.
- Rollins leads the all-time series with Eckerd 63-52; including a 33-25 edge in Winter Park.
- Eckerd has won the last three; most recently a 66-62 win on Jan. 12 this season.
- Connor Mckim (RC) has 995 career points. He is looking to become the 41st member of the Tars 1000-point club.
- Rollins is 25th in the nation in steals and 28th in steals per game.
- Eckerd is 35th in the nation and tops the SSC in rebounding margin (+5.4)
- Marco Behori (EC) is 14th in the nation in total steals (60).
- Rollins head coach Tom Klusman is 702-423 in his 39th year leading the program. He has the fourth most wins among active NCAA Division II coaches…Tom Ryan, the winningest coach in Eckerd history, is in his 29th and final year coached the Tritions. He will move to full-time Eckerd Athletics Director at the conclusion of the season.
Next up: Rollins closes the 2018-19 season with its final two games on the road. The Tars visit Florida Tech on Wednesday, February 27 at 7:30 p.m. They conclude the year in Lakeland, meeting rival Florida Southern on Saturday, March 3, also at 7:30 p.m. Fans can watch all games live on the Tars Sports Network at RollinsSports.com.