DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (April 6, 2018) – The Tars struggled in the opening game of a three game set against the Embry-Riddle Eagles, falling 10-0, in five innings. Rollins falls to 22-18 overall and 8-11 in Sunshine State Conference play. The Eagles, who sit second in the SSC, improve to 26-11, and 14-8 against conference foes.
Rollins bats failed to get going, while Embry-Riddle put up three runs in the third, fourth, and fifth frames. The Tars tallied only to hits on the evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rollins put two runners on in the second but could not push a runner across. The Eagles countered in the bottom of the frame with the first score of the ball game.
- A Kailah Rain triple drove in two runners to highlight the first three run frame for Embry-Riddle, as the Eagles took a 4-0 lead.
- The Eagles manufactured another trio of scores in the fourth, tallying on a single, a bases loaded walk, and a sacrifice fly.
- Maggie Scott put an end to the game in the bottom of the fifth, when she hit a three run shot to center field.
- Amanda Guglietta (1B) – 1-2
- Maggie Scott (CF) – 3-4, HR, 3 Run, 4 RBI
- Grace Street – L, 3.0 IP, 5 Runs, 4 ER
- Ilona Andringa – W, CG, 0 Runs, 7 SO
- Embry-Riddle, who are receiving votes in the latest NFCA National Poll, remains second in the SSC, while the Tars sit in a four-way tie for fifth.
- Michelle Frew is now 793-342-1 in her 22nd season at the helm of the Rollins softball program.
Rollins and Embry-Riddle will conclude their three game series with a doubleheader tomorrow, Saturday, April 7. First pitch of game one is set for 1 p.m.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins softball team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.