Rollins (9-7, 6-4 SSC) at Lynn (11-5, 5-5 SSC)
Saturday, January 26, 2018 | 2 p.m.
Boca Raton, Fla. | de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center
Set-up: Coming off a losing-streak stopping win against Florida Tech on Wednesday, Rollins heads to Boca Raton on Saturday to start the second half of the Sunshine State Conference schedule against Lynn. The Tars are in a four-way tie for third place in the SSC standings, joining Eckerd, Embry-Riddle and Nova Southeastern at 6-4. Rollins will be on the road for just the fifth time this year, posting a 2-2 record away from home. Lynn is 5-5 in the league standings, tied with Barry for seventh. The Fighting Knights have dropped their last three; taking decisive losses from NSU and Tampa before a one-point, overtime loss to Barry on Wednesday. Lynn is 9-1 at home this season. Rollins cruised in the first match-up with Lynn, winning 70-41 in Winter Park earlier in the season.
Tracking the Tars: Rollins halted its four-game losing streak with a come-from-behind win over Florida Tech on Wednesday. The Tars trailed by 12 at the half, but exploded in the third quarter and held on for a 58-54 win down the stretch. Rachel Jablonski led the way for Rollins with 11 points on 4-of-8 shooting, including a trio of three-pointers. Denise Daniels added 10 points and nine rebounds while Jaylyn Harrison also netted 10. Carly McLendon hauled in 10 rebounds and racked up three blocks. McLendon is the Tars top producer with 9.6 points and an SSC second-best 7.3 rebounds per game. The senior is also atop the conference with 43 blocks. Yari Martinez-Toro is getting 9.2 points a night while Denise Daniels averages 7.7 points and 4.7 rebounds. The Tars are seventh in the conference with 63.8 points a game while sitting fourth in defense allowing just 57.6 a game. Rollins leads the league with a +9.1 rebounding margin while pulling down more than 15 offense boards a night.
Tracking the Fighting Knights: Lynn starts the second half of the SSC schedule on a three-game skid, coming off a thrilling OT loss to Barry on Wednesday, 90-89. Six player scored in double-figures, led by 20 from Kevyn McKae. Jaylen Snipes scored 17 and Kelsi Fizer netted 14. Janay Williams had a big night with 11 points and 16 rebounds. Lynn shot 52 percent in the game and hit 10 three-pointers. Snipes scores 10.5 a game to lead the offense while Fizer averages 10 points and 8.1 rebounds per game. The Fighting Knights are scoring 65.4 points a night while allowing 64.1. They are -2.4 in turnover margin, but out rebounding teams by nearly three a game. The loss to Barry was the only defeat in Boca Raton for Lynn this season.
- Rollins is 41-6 all-time against Lynn and is on a 12-game winning streak against the Fighting Knights.
- Rollins is 17-3 all-time in the de Hoernle Center.
- The Tars are 2-2 in true road games this year; Lynn is 9-1 at home on the season.
- Rollins won 70-41 in their first meeting (Dec. 1, 2018). Carly McLendon tallied 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Tars; Jaylen Sniples scored 11 to pace Lynn.
- Rollins is 17th nationally in rebounding margin (+9.1).
- Rollins ranks 36th in Division II with just 15 turnovers a game.
- Carly McLendon (RC) ranks third in the nation among active players in career blocks with 221.
- Carly McLendon (RC) is 16th in the nation with 2.7 blocks a game.
- Carly McLendon (RC) is Rollins all-time leading shot blocker with 221 for her career; she ranks fifth in Sunshine State Conference history. Tampa's Sheen Walton (396) and Jessie McDowell (298) lead the way. Nova Southeastern's Stephanie Sarosi (266) and UT's Crystal Allen (230) are ahead of McLendon.
- Rollins Head Coach Glenn Wilkes Jr. is 706-256 in his 33-year career. He has the third-most wins among Division II coaches and fourth-most all-time…Julia Huddleston is 36-60 in four seasons leading the Fighting Knights.
Rollins is back on the road Wednesday, January 30, visiting Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach. Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m. at the ICI Center. The Tars are back home on Saturday, February 2 hosting Saint Leo at 2 p.m. Fans can listen to the action live on the Tars Sports Network at RollinsSports.com.