Tars and Bulldogs Match Up in Morning Tilt at Tierney Field
Tierney Field – US Lacrosse Headquarters | Sparks, Md. | 11:30 a.m.
COVERAGE: Live Stats
The No. 7/6 Rollins women's women's lacrosse team has two more Spring Break game on tap, beginning with a neutral site tilt against Wingate University on Wednesday, March 13. The Tars and Bulldogs are set to square off at 11:30 a.m. at Tierney Field in Sparks, Maryland in a South Region matchup. Live coverage of the game is available with live stats, with the link provided on RollinsSports.com.
TRACKING THE TARS:
Entering into the game with a record of 6-0, the Tars checked in at No. 7 on this week's IWLCA DII Poll, as well as No. 6 on the NIKE/US Lacrosse DII Top 20. Kallie German and Hannah Ashton have scored 22 and 21 goals, respectively, followed by Paige Brock with 15. German also leads the team in assists with 14, while freshman Caroline Gastonguay has notched nine. Both Rizk and Gabby Tanner have earned a team best 11 ground balls, followed by Gastonguay with nine, and Rachel Valocchi with eight. Off the draw, Lindsay Van Beck has won a team high 32 draw controls, followed by Maggie Dougherty with 20. Both Gastonguay and German have tallied a team best five caused turnovers, followed by Kaitlin Prince with four. In goal, Tanner has seen the most time playing 300:00 minutes. The sophomore has faced 95 shots on goal, earning 45 saves and allowing 38 goals, entering into Wednesday's game with a save percentage of .542 and a goals against average of 7.60.
TRACKING THE BULLDOGS:
Wingate enters into Wednesday morning's matchup with a record of 2-4 and have lost two straight, most recently coming off of a 14-11 loss to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. After six games played, the Bulldogs are led in scoring by Kendall Wells with 17 goals, followed by Casey Roux with 14. Nina Cifolilli has earned a team best 13 assists, followed by Becca Ruiz with 12. Arion Pierre has amassed a team best 28 ground balls, followed by Caroline Heffner with 13, and Sierra Street with 11. Both Heffner and Roux have notched a team high five caused turnovers, while Roux leads the team in draw controls with 31. In goal for Wingate, Pierre has started every contest, playing a total of 349:27 in cage. The senior has faced 186 shots, earning 61 saves while allowing 78 goals, owning a save percentage of .439 and a goals against average of 13.39 entering into the matchup with the Tars.
- The Tars are 1-0 this season when playing at a neutral site location. This marks the first neutral site contest of the season for the Bulldogs.
- Rollins is 2-0 against Wingate in the all-time series. The last time the two teams matched up in action was on February 25, 2018, where the Tars took down the Bulldogs by a score of 19-8 at Graham Gill Field.
- With a 6-0 start to the season, the Tars have matched the program's third-best start in Rollins women's lacrosse history. The last time the Tars opened up a season with a 6-0 record was in 2013, where they eventually went on to the NCAA Tournament Semifinals and fell to Limestone by a score of 11-10 in overtime.
- The Tars' best undefeated run was in 2012, where they went 15-0 before falling to Regis in regular season action, 14-13. That year, Rollins advanced to the NCAA Tournament Semifinals, where they fell to West Chester by a score of 19-10.
- The Tars' second best undefeated run was a 9-0 record in 2016. The Tars eventually matched up against West Chester in the NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals, defeating the Rams 9-8 to advance to the Semifinals where they fell to Florida Southern by a score of 8-5.
The Tars return to action for their final Spring Break game on Friday, March 15, when they take on Holy Family at 7:30 p.m. The game will be played at Bryn Athyn College, at General Ronals K. Nelson Field. Fans who are unable to support the Tars in person will be able to follow all of the action with links to live coverage on RollinsSports.com.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins women's lacrosse team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.