Rollins Faces Tigers in Non-Region Action to Close Out Spring Break Week
No. 7/6 Rollins (7-0) vs Holy Family University (1-4)
General Ronald K. Nelson Field at Bryn Athyn College | Bryn Athyn, Pa. | 7:30 p.m.
COVERAGE: NO LIVE COVERAGE AVAILABLE
The No. 7/6 Rollins women's lacrosse team wraps up their spring break week with yet another neutral site contest, facing the Tigers of Holy Family University oat General Ronald K. Nelson field on the campus of Bryn Athyn College in Bryn Athyn, Pa. on Friday night. Game time against the Tigers is set for 7:30 p.m. Due to site limitations, no live coverage of the game will be available.
TRACKING THE TARS:
Holding onto an undefeated record of 7-0, the Rollins women's lacrosse team has put up 129 goals on 204 shots on goal so far this season. The Tars are currently averaging 18.43 goals per game, and 39.29 shots per game, with a shots on goal percentage of .742. Rollins has only 53 goals against, for a goals against average of just 7.57, and 55 saves with a save percentage of .509. After seven games played, Hannah Ashton leads the team in goals with 26, followed closely by Kallie German with 24. German leads the team with 16 assists for a team best 40 points so far this season. Lily Rizk has earned a team best 15 ground balls, followed by Gabby Tanner with 12, and Caroline Gastonguay and Rachel Valocchi with 10 apiece. Linday Van Beck has won 38 draw controls, while Maggie Dougherty has earned 24. Van Beck also leads the team with seven caused turnovers, followed closely by German with six. In goal, Tanner leads the way and owns a 7-0 record after playing 360:00 minutes in cage. Tanner has faced 108 shots, earning 52 saves while allowing 44 goals, and holding onto a save percentage of .542 with a goals against average of just 7.33.
TRACKING THE TIGERS:
Holding onto a record of 1-4, the Holy Family women's lacrosse team is riding a one game win streak after most recently defeating the University of the District of Columbia by a score of 16-3. After four games played, not counting their recent victory over UDC, the Tigers have put up 15 goals on 60 shots on goal so far this season. Holy Family is currently averaging 3.75 goals per game, and 19.5 shots per game, with a shots on goal percentage of .769. The Tigers have 74 goals against, for a goals against average of just 18.50, and 36 saves so far. Tatceyana Pulley, Casey Brown, and Vanessa Pagliei lead the team with three goals scored in four games, while Maura Coleman has dished out a team best two assists. JoAnne Mamie leads the team in ground balls with eight, while Devon Felix has amassed 29 draw controls in four games. Leading the Tigers in caused turnovers is Pagliei with four. In goal, Jenna Heath has played a full 240:00 minutes in four games, facing 144 shots where she has earned 36 saves while allowing 74 goals. Heath holds onto a goals against average of 18.50, and a save percentage of .327.
- The Tars are 2-0 this season when playing at a neutral site location.
- The game marks the first time the two teams will meet in official competition.
- With a 7-0 start to the season, the Tars have notched the program's third-best start in Rollins women's lacrosse history. The Tars have bested their previous third best season-opening performance of when they started with a 6-0 record was in 2013, where they eventually went on to the NCAA Tournament Semifinals and fell to Limestone by a score of 11-10 in overtime.
- The Tars' best undefeated run was in 2012, where they went 15-0 before falling to Regis in regular season action, 14-13. That year, Rollins advanced to the NCAA Tournament Semifinals, where they fell to West Chester by a score of 19-10.
- The Tars' second best undefeated run was a 9-0 record in 2016. The Tars eventually matched up against West Chester in the NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals, defeating the Rams 9-8 to advance to the Semifinals where they fell to Florida Southern by a score of 8-5.
The Tars return to action on Monday, March 18, when they take on Catawba College at 2 p.m. Fans who are unable to support the Tars in person will be able to follow all of the action with links to live coverage on RollinsSports.com.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins women's lacrosse team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.