Rollins Drops to Embry-Riddle for Second Time this Season
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (October 9, 2018) – Playing their third match in five days, the Rollins volleyball team put up a fight in the first set, but could not come out on top against Embry-Riddle as they fell by a score of 3-0 (25-27, 13-25, 14-25) on Tuesday evening in the ICI Center.
The Tars drop to a record of 3-16, and 1-11 in Sunshine State Conference play, while the Eagles advance to a record of 12-7, and 6-6 in conference action.
Sophomore Leslie Seda led the Tars once again, earning eight kills while adding seven digs. Behind Seda's eight kills, Sam Schlesman added five, while Madison Jenkins and Kerra Tirado contributed four apiece. Freshman Rebecca Kuehn handed out 23 assists on the night to lead the team. Earning a team best two service aces wach were both Jessika Linnemeyer and Rachel Fletcher. Fletcher led the team in digs with 12, while Linnemeyer tallied nine, followed by Seda and Marlee Johnson with seven apiece. The Tars put up 13 blocks as a team, led by Tirado with five block assists on the night. Schlesman notched the lone solo block on the night while adding an assisted block for two total, while Kuehn, Seda, and Candace Doxey earned two block assists each.
The Eagles were led by Erika Barbour with 13 kills, followed by Sam Lanning with 10. Alyssa Rudd dished out a match high 36 assists, while Olivia Roa earned a game best three service aces. Roa earned a match high 18 digs, followed by Theresa Jordan with 15, and Melanie Canfield with 13. The Eagles earned 10 blocks as a team, led by Lanning with three block assists, while Jordan and Rudd earned two block assists, followed by McKenna James with one solo block and one block assist of her own.
- The match saw a total of 22 tie scores, as well as 12 lead changes. In Set 1, the Tars saw the score tied 11 times, with the lead changing hands five times.
- The Tars are riding a 10-match, 30-set losing streak.
- Last time out against the Eagles, Rollins fell to ERAU by a final score of 3-0 (22-25, 17-25, 8-25)
- The Tars are now 5-13 in the all-time series with the Eagles
- The last victory Rollins earned over Embry-Riddle was on September 26, 2017, when they swept the Eagles, 3-0 (30-28, 25-14, 25-20)
- Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018
- Opponent: Eckerd College
- Location: McArthur Center | Saint Petersburg, Fla.
- Time: 7:00 PM
Fans can follow Tars volleyball all season long with live audio and video on the Tars Sports Network at RollinsSports.com, where the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins volleyball team can also be accessed. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.